The New York State Police Investigators Association Emergency Assistance Fund is pleased to announce the continuation of our scholarship program for 2018.
To be eligible, recipients must be children of active or retired Members of Law Enforcement who are seeking to further their education by pursuing a career in the field of Law Enforcement. Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited College or University are also eligible to apply.
The goal for the 2018-2019 school year is to award 20 grants of $500 per recipient.
To apply, High School graduates for the Class of 2018 are to submit the following items to be received no later than June 1, 2018:
- Completed NYSPIA EAF Scholarship Application. Click here to download application
- Copy of your final High School Transcripts, with class ranking, SAT or other aptitude test scores.
- Copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited College or University.
- Written recommendation from a faculty member.
In addition to the Scholarship Application, the following items should also be included:
- Copy of your course schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Copy of transcript showing current GPA.
Applications sent by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying by regular mail, please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope and send to:
NYSPIA EAF Scholarship Fund
54 State Street, Suite 300
Albany, New York 12207
Note: only REGULAR first class mail will be accepted.
The EAF Scholarship Committee will independently review each application and rank each according to the criteria listed above. Special consideration will be given to those applicants who continue to experience hardships or are children of Officers killed or disabled in the line of duty. Hardships are defined at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Committee.